The GDome XL is the ideal housing for any beginner wishing to take their DSLR | Mirrorless camera underwater for the first time while saving money and receiving a full underwater housing package that can be used with a variety of camera brands and lenses. You won't have to buy a new housing or ports when your cameras and lenses improve because our housing is universal (as long as they will fit in our housing).
The first semi-rigid modular underwater housing system in the world.
Yes, this is a lengthy explanation, so we'll break it down for you so you can fully appreciate the importance of this universal underwater water housing.
We really mean it when we claim the GDome XL is universal! Almost any mirrorless or DSLR camera will operate with the GDome XL right out of the box (check the internal sizing chart to confirm this as cameras like Canon 1D could be too tall for our housing).
You might assume this isn't unique because a variety of housings can accomplish it. Because these housings are either completely 'soft' (made of rubberised or PVC material), you won't be able to add dome ports/lens extensions, lights, or GoPros to them.
The 'hard' housings, on the other hand, have highly restricted usefulness (no ability to change settings or functions). Because the housing and ports are injection moulded, and only the back screen is comprised of a flexible membrane, our housing is termed semi-rigid. We may give the user complete access to the camera's rear capability by using a flexible rear screen.
When it comes to modularity, the GDome XL may be tailored to your specific camera and lens requirements with the 80mm or 55mm lens extensions available as extras on our site.
A 40mm dome port extension adapter and dome lens element are included in the Essential Dome Combo box.
The GDome XL ships unassembled as a modular device to save money on shipping.
Prior to using the GDome XL, you must configure, construct, and pressure test the unit.
What's In The Box
- GDome XL Housing
- 1 x Universal Trigger Shutter
- 40mm GDome XL Dome Port Adapter
- 6.1 Inch Dome Lens Element
- Snap-On Suction Dome Lens Cover
- Camera Base Station With Adjustable Mounting Positions
- Rear Side to Side Movement Elimination Plate
- Removable Dual Side Handles
- Wrist Strap
- QR Code For Online Instructions & Camera Setup Guide
- Tool Kit
- Seal lubricant
- Spare Screen Membrane
- 1/4 Stainless Steel Camera Mounting Screw
- 10 x Stainless Steel moulded easy turn finger thumb screws for the rear plate
- 10 x Stainless steel alan-key bolts for the rear plate
- 2 x Universal Trigger Baseplate Mounts.
What Is NOT Included
- Solid Backdoor (optional extra)
- 55mm Lens Port With flat lens
- No Cameras / Lenses or Accessories are included
- 80mm Extension Tube and Flat Port (optional extra)
1) Our housing does have 10 rear bolts. Undoing these do take time in order for you to open and close the housing to get to your camera. While other housings may use fewer bolts (2-4) or latch systems, making it much quicker to open and close the housing, we have opted for a much lighter, thinner injection moulded backplate frame in order to reduce the weight, cost and production time of making the housing. While we could have used fewer bolts we opted to rather use more in order to ensure that your housing is sealed fully without a doubt.
2) When your camera is inside the GDome XL, you will not be able to control the zoom on your lens. Thus you will need to set the zoom when you put the camera into the housing before you close it up.
3) The GDome XL is rated for 5m/15ft max depth, we know it can go deeper however we limit the rating for the safety of your camera. The GDome XL is not a dive housing and should not be treated as a dive housing due to the flexible rear membrane. If you would like a housing with a solid backdoor (that will be able to achieve a deeper depth), they are available (optional extra +$35), however, you will need to add your own buttons in order to get the functionality that you require.
If you can accept the above limitations then the GDome XL is definitely the perfect housing for you.
Looking to see if your camera could be compatible with the GDome XL Click Here
|USA/ Canada||4 - 10 Days|
|Australia||4 - 10 Days|
|Europe||4 - 10 Days|
- All orders for GDOME customers are manufactured and shipped from South Africa.
- You'll get an automated tracking number when your order has been dispatched.
- Delivery times are faster for metro areas than regional. The shipping times above are estimates and some orders can take longer due to factors outside of our control.
- Please note some international orders will occasionally be charged customs or import charges upon arrival in the destination country. We are not responsible for these charges. This includes Local VAT.
- If you are ordering from United States of America, import duties will not be charged for orders under $800.
- If you are ordering from Australia, import duties will not be charged for orders under A$1000.
Can you ship to me?
We have shipped our awesome water housings to almost every country!
- We deliver directly to your home or office, anywhere in the world with DHL or Fedex Express.
- We are currently averaging 3-9 working days for express international deliveries.
ABOUT OUR SHIPPING
We offer a 100% reliable delivery services via trusted DHL / Fedex Express courier services around the world.
- Shipping is calculated automatically by DHL on checkout.
- DHL will also give you a live view of the estimated delivery time.
- We also offer a variety of affordable priority and FREE shipping options, these do take slightly longer than or express options.
- We’ll need your daytime address and cellphone number for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel.
- All Prices exclude your local taxes and duties, please check your local taxes and duties before placing your order.
- We cover all shipping costs but do not cover local taxes (such as VAT, customs duties ect).
If you would like to calculate the taxes and duties, click HERE
We shall use our best endeavors to ensure that all products purchased on the GDOME SHOP website will be delivered to major city centers within the estimated shipping time.
We offer a reliable delivery services via trusted DHL Express courier services around the world.
Shipping is calculated automatically by DHL on checkout before you have to make payment.
DHL will also give you a live view of the estimated delivery time.
We also offer FREE shipping options to select locations, these do take slightly longer than or express options.
We’ll need your daytime address and cellphone number for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel.
All Prices exclude your local taxes and duties, please check your local taxes and duties before placing your order.
- We cover all shipping costs but do not cover local taxes (such as VAT, customs duties ect).
GDome ships exclusively through DHL International and TUNL for International orders.
By purchasing items from GDome, you acknowledge that GDome is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
Please refer to your tracking number to get details of where your shipment is. If your package shows it was successfully delivered, and you did not receive it, please contact us immediately.
Insurance for packages is charged separately by DHL and TUNL, we offer the option to insure your package with Shipping Protection on checkout.
By deselecting Shipping Protection, GDome is not liable for items that are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping.
HOW DO I TRACK MY ORDER ONLINE?
Once we’ve received your order, we’ll send you an email with LIVE tracking details with the company it was sent out with.
GDome offers a 14-day (once received) return policy for new items purchased directly through our online store or at our physical store.
GDome will only provide exchanges or store credit for change of mind or incorrectly ordered products. GDome will not refund any shipping and credit card costs.
GDome purchases made at www.getgdome.com can be returned for any reason within 14 days of receiving the product/s.
All returned items must be in new, resalable condition and include original packaging and all hardware and or accessories.
Return shipping costs are for your expense, you can send it back using any means from courier to postal service (there is no time limit, you just need to inform us of the return within the first 14 days).
After 14 days, non-warranty related returns are at the SOLE DISCRETION of GDome.
If the reason for your return is not because of a GDome error, any shipping costs and handling fees, incurred by GDome may be deducted from your refund.
Please note: if you return an item and did not originally pay shipping costs (FREE SHIPPING), the shipping cost incurred by GDome will be deducted from your refund, we will supply you with the shipping invoice as per what we paid on request.
Returns are to be sent to:
Action Distribution (attention: Allison Bell)
6 Hely Road, Ndebeni, Cape Town, South Africa, 7405.
+27 84 559 0801
Please mark the item as a return for refund and give it a value of $5.
Please see our full return policy here.
If you would like to exchange your items for something else, please return to us for a refund and place a new order for the product you want at the same time. All items that you would like to exchange must be in a new, resalable condition and include original packaging and all hardware and or accessories.
When choosing a shipper to return products, keep in mind that GDome cannot be held liable or responsible for items lost in transit. We recommend using a carrier that can provide tracking and insurance.
Please indicate your GDome invoice number clearly on the shipping label.
After 14 days, non-warranty related returns are at the SOLE DISCRETION of GDome. Products must be shipped to our warehouse and will be checked. If your returned product has been checked and the products are not in a new, re-sellable condition, a repackaging, restocking, and/or damaged goods fee may be deducted from the refund or the product will be shipped back to you. We strongly urge you to repackage the products with care. If you need advice on how to re-pack the gear, please contact us.
It generally takes 3 – 5 days after the package arrives at our warehouse for your return to be processed and a credit to be issued.
As soon as the return is processed you will get an email confirmation.
THE FINE PRINT
GDome gives its utmost to serve customers as quickly as possible.
In actual fact, it excites us to do it quicker every day.
It is, however, a reality that delivery companies are sometimes subject to strikes and other delays.
It is most certainly in the minority that a problem arises.
Should any delay happen, we will follow up, lodge and handle queries with the particular courier company.
If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at +27 84 559 0801.
Feel free to read our complete terms and conditions