XL Essential Dome Combo: Universal Underwater Dome Water Housing for Mirrorless and DSLR Cameras
Shipping and Duties
All orders for GDOME customers are manufactured and shipped from South Africa.
- You'll get an automated tracking number when your order has been dispatched.
- Delivery times are faster for metro areas than regional. The shipping times above are estimates and some orders can take longer due to factors outside of our control.
Please note some international orders will occasionally be charged customs or import charges upon arrival in the destination country.
We are not responsible and do not cover these charges. This includes Local VAT.
- If you are ordering from United States of America, import duties will not be charged for orders under $800.
- If you are ordering from Australia, import duties will not be charged for orders under A$1000.
Can you ship to me?
We ship awesome water housings to most countries...
We do not ship to Brazil due to the high taxes incurred to the customer.
- We do not currently ship to Russia, Ukraine or Belarus.
We deliver directly to your home or office, anywhere in the world with DHL Express.
- We are currently averaging 3-9 working days for express international deliveries.
ABOUT OUR SHIPPING
We offer a reliable delivery services via trusted DHL Express courier services around the world.
Shipping is calculated automatically by DHL on checkout before you have to make payment.
DHL will also give you a live view of the estimated delivery time.
We also offer FREE shipping options to select locations, these do take slightly longer than or express options.
We’ll need your daytime address and cellphone number for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel.
All Prices exclude your local taxes and duties, please check your local taxes and duties before placing your order.
Shipping costs do not cover your local taxes (such as VAT and Customs Duties).
GDome ships exclusively through DHL International and TUNL for International orders.
By purchasing items from GDome, you acknowledge that GDome is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
Please refer to your tracking number to get details of where your shipment is. If your package shows it was successfully delivered, and you did not receive it, please contact us immediately.
Insurance for packages is charged separately by DHL and TUNL, we offer the option to insure your package with Shipping Protection on checkout.
By deselecting Shipping Protection, GDome is not liable for items that are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping.
For absolute peace of mind
We guarantee all of our products and our reviews stand testament to this. All units are hand-assembled, pressure tested and have to pass our quality control measures. We manufacture all of our products in house to ensure the best care is taken right from raw material inspection to final product testing.
The GDome Mobile Pro Edition is a waterproof housing made to be used on the surface of the water. Although we have dived to 30ft plus with the GDome Mobile, this was purely for testing purposes regardless of the fact it did not leak or damage the phones.
The use of the touch membrane was not designed with great depths in mind.
The GDome Mobile Pro Edition was designed with the intention of being a surface waterproof housing for depths that are not deeper than 5m or 15ft.
The GDome XL is the ideal housing for any beginner wishing to take their DSLR | Mirrorless camera underwater for the first time while saving money and receiving a full underwater housing package that can be used with a variety of camera brands and lenses. You won't have to buy a new housing or ports when your cameras and lenses improve because our housing is universal (as long as they will fit in our housing).
The first semi-rigid modular underwater housing system in the world.
Yes, this is a lengthy explanation, so we'll break it down for you so you can fully appreciate the importance of this universal underwater water housing.
We really mean it when we claim the GDome XL is universal! Almost any mirrorless or DSLR camera will operate with the GDome XL right out of the box (check the internal sizing chart to confirm this as cameras like Canon 1D could be too tall for our housing).
You might assume this isn't unique because a variety of housings can accomplish it. Because these housings are either completely 'soft' (made of rubberised or PVC material), you won't be able to add dome ports/lens extensions, lights, or GoPros to them.
The 'hard' housings, on the other hand, have highly restricted usefulness (no ability to change settings or functions). Because the housing and ports are injection moulded, and only the back screen is comprised of a flexible membrane, our housing is termed semi-rigid. We may give the user complete access to the camera's rear capability by using a flexible rear screen.
When it comes to modularity, the GDome XL may be tailored to your specific camera and lens requirements with the 80mm or 55mm lens extensions available as extras on our site.
A 40mm dome port extension adapter and dome lens element are included in the Essential Dome Combo box.
The GDome XL ships unassembled as a modular device to save money on shipping.
Prior to using the GDome XL, you must configure, construct, and pressure test the unit.
What's In The Box
- GDome XL Housing
- 1 x Universal Trigger Shutter
- 40mm GDome XL Dome Port Adapter
- 6.1 Inch Dome Lens Element
- Snap-On Suction Dome Lens Cover
- Camera Base Station With Adjustable Mounting Positions
- Rear Side to Side Movement Elimination Plate
- Removable Dual Side Handles
- Wrist Strap
- QR Code For Online Instructions & Camera Setup Guide
- Tool Kit
- Seal lubricant
- Spare Screen Membrane
- 1/4 Stainless Steel Camera Mounting Screw
- 10 x Stainless Steel moulded easy turn finger thumb screws for the rear plate
- 10 x Stainless steel alan-key bolts for the rear plate
- 2 x Universal Trigger Baseplate Mounts.
What Is NOT Included
- Solid Backdoor (optional extra)
- 55mm Lens Port With flat lens
- No Cameras / Lenses or Accessories are included
- 80mm Extension Tube and Flat Port (optional extra)
1) Our housing does have 10 rear bolts. Undoing these do take time in order for you to open and close the housing to get to your camera. While other housings may use fewer bolts (2-4) or latch systems, making it much quicker to open and close the housing, we have opted for a much lighter, thinner injection moulded backplate frame in order to reduce the weight, cost and production time of making the housing. While we could have used fewer bolts we opted to rather use more in order to ensure that your housing is sealed fully without a doubt.
2) When your camera is inside the GDome XL, you will not be able to control the zoom on your lens. Thus you will need to set the zoom when you put the camera into the housing before you close it up.
3) The GDome XL is rated for 5m/15ft max depth, we know it can go deeper however we limit the rating for the safety of your camera. The GDome XL is not a dive housing and should not be treated as a dive housing due to the flexible rear membrane. If you would like a housing with a solid backdoor (that will be able to achieve a deeper depth), they are available (optional extra +$35), however, you will need to add your own buttons in order to get the functionality that you require.
If you can accept the above limitations then the GDome XL is definitely the perfect housing for you.
Looking to see if your camera could be compatible with the GDome XL Click Here