Includes FLAT LENS ELEMENT (Valued at $29).
Compatible with all GDOME Dome Housings including GDOME MOBILE
The GDome 80mm Lens Port Extension is used to extend the distance from your camera lens to the lens element (PDS Dome or Flat Lens). By extending the distance an additional 80mm, the water is pushed further away from the camera lens, allowing the image to effectively be "zoomed out" as if you are using a wide-angle lens without losing any image quality. The additional distance will allow you to make use of the full extent of the PDS dome port, one user has described the experience as "it's almost like having a 10-inch dome port! It is so easy to capture split shots now without having to use the wide setting on my iPhone".
As the Extension Port acts as a massive lens hood over the camera lens, reflections are significantly reduced when using either the PDS Dome or Flat Lens Element. The team has had massive success shooting with the 80mm Lens Port Extension in poor lighting conditions.
*Please note that this product has been developed as an 80mm extension, as all cameras/phones are different, it is impossible to accommodate the field of view perfectly while trying to maximise the split shot potential. Thus you may need to adjust the zoom level on certain cameras/phones in order to ensure you don't get any vignetting or crop any vignetting in post-production.
- 80mm lens extension.
- Reduces reflection by acting as a lens hood.
- Drastically improves split shots on mobile devices without having to use wide-angle lenses by pushing the water further away from the camera lens.
- No need to use a wide-angle lens which allows you to get improved image quality with no distortion or noise around the edges of your shots especially in low light conditions.
- Get Split-Shots with a flat port.
- Compatible with GDome PDS Dome & Flat Lens Elements.
- This package includes the top seal, flat lens element & stainless steel nuts.
Dimensions (DxL): 200mm x 80mm
Weight: 10,58oz (300g)
Materials: Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Body, rubber o-ring, 5mm acrylic flat lens element & Stainless Steel Nuts