XL Underwater | Waterproof | Water Housing for Panasonic Cameras
Shipping and Duties
All orders for GDOME customers are manufactured and shipped from South Africa.
- You'll get an automated tracking number when your order has been dispatched.
- Delivery times are faster for metro areas than regional. The shipping times above are estimates and some orders can take longer due to factors outside of our control.
Please note some international orders will occasionally be charged customs or import charges upon arrival in the destination country.
We are not responsible and do not cover these charges. This includes Local VAT.
- If you are ordering from United States of America, import duties will not be charged for orders under $800.
- If you are ordering from Australia, import duties will not be charged for orders under A$1000.
Can you ship to me?
We ship awesome water housings to most countries...
We do not ship to Brazil due to the high taxes incurred to the customer.
- We do not currently ship to Russia, Ukraine or Belarus.
We deliver directly to your home or office, anywhere in the world with DHL Express.
- We are currently averaging 3-9 working days for express international deliveries.
ABOUT OUR SHIPPING
We offer a reliable delivery services via trusted DHL Express courier services around the world.
Shipping is calculated automatically by DHL on checkout before you have to make payment.
DHL will also give you a live view of the estimated delivery time.
We also offer FREE shipping options to select locations, these do take slightly longer than or express options.
We’ll need your daytime address and cellphone number for door-to-door delivery and, once sent, provide you with the tracking number for the parcel.
All Prices exclude your local taxes and duties, please check your local taxes and duties before placing your order.
Shipping costs do not cover your local taxes (such as VAT and Customs Duties).
GDome ships exclusively through DHL International and TUNL for International orders.
By purchasing items from GDome, you acknowledge that GDome is not responsible for lost or stolen packages.
Please refer to your tracking number to get details of where your shipment is. If your package shows it was successfully delivered, and you did not receive it, please contact us immediately.
Insurance for packages is charged separately by DHL and TUNL, we offer the option to insure your package with Shipping Protection on checkout.
By deselecting Shipping Protection, GDome is not liable for items that are lost, damaged, or stolen during shipping.
For absolute peace of mind
We guarantee all of our products and our reviews stand testament to this. All units are hand-assembled, pressure tested and have to pass our quality control measures. We manufacture all of our products in house to ensure the best care is taken right from raw material inspection to final product testing.
The GDome Mobile Pro Edition is a waterproof housing made to be used on the surface of the water. Although we have dived to 30ft plus with the GDome Mobile, this was purely for testing purposes regardless of the fact it did not leak or damage the phones.
The use of the touch membrane was not designed with great depths in mind.
The GDome Mobile Pro Edition was designed with the intention of being a surface waterproof housing for depths that are not deeper than 5m or 15ft.
Please note, this product is on a 2 week lead time.
- The GDome XL is the perfect housing for any beginner looking to get their DSLR | Mirrorless camera into the water for the first time without breaking the bank and yet getting a comprehensive underwater housing kit that can be used for a number of different camera brands and lenses. As our housing is universal, you will not have to buy a new housing or ports as you upgrade you cameras and lenses (as long as they will fit in our housing).
- Advanced underwater photographers/videographers that already have professional kits could use the GDome XL for unique specialised camera bodies or lenses that are not compatible with their current housings or port configurations.
- Rental houses or individuals will be able to rent out the GDome XL, given the current rental rate charged for underwater housings, this could be extremely profitable.
The worlds first universal semi-rigid modular underwater housing.
Yes, this is a loaded description so we will need to break it down for you so that you can really see the value of this universal underwater housing.
When we say that the GDome XL is universal, we really do mean it! The GDome XL will work with almost any mirrorless / DSLR camera right out of the box (check the internal sizing chart to confirm this as cameras like Canon 1D could be too tall for our housing). You might think this is not unique as there are a number of housings that can do this. These housings are either completely 'soft' (made from a rubberised or PVC material)meaning that you can not add dome ports/lens extensions or even lights and GoPros to the housing. Whereas the 'hard' housings have extremely limited functionality (no ability to change settings or functions). Our housing is considered semi-rigid as the housing and ports are injection moulded and only the rear screen is made from a flexible membrane. Having a flexible rear screen, allows us to give the user full access to the camera's rear functionality. When it comes to modularity the GDome XL is fully customisable to your camera and lenses needs. Included in the box is a 55mm port adapter with a flat lens element as well as a 40mm dome port extension adapter and dome lens element. Our 80mm extension port (Optional Extra + $49) is fully compatible with the dome port adapter if you need a further extension to your GDome XL.
The GDome XL ships unassembled as a modular unit in order to minimise shipping costs so that we can hopefully offer you FREE SHIPPING*. You will need to configure and assemble and adapt the GDome XL Prior to using it. If you would like us to pre-configure and assemble your unit for you, it can be done at an extra cost.
What's In The Box
- GDome XL Housing
- 1 x Universal Trigger Shutter
- 40mm GDome XL Dome Port Adapter
- 6.1 Inch Dome Lens Element
- Snap-On Suction Dome Lens Cover
- 55mm GDome XL Flat Lens Port Adapter
- 135mm Flat Lens Element
- Camera Base Station With Adjustable Mounting Positions
- Rear Side to Side Movement Elimination Plate
- Removable Dual Side Handles
- Wrist Strap
- QR Code For Online Instructions & Camera Setup Guide
- Tool Kit
- Seal lubricant
- Spare Screen Membrane
- 1/4 Stainless Steel Camera Mounting Screw
- 10 x Stainless Steel moulded easy turn finger thumb screws for the rear plate
- 10 x Stainless steel alan-key bolts for the rear plate
- 2 x Universal Trigger Baseplate Mounts.
What Is NOT Included
- Solid Backdoor (optional extra)
- No Cameras / Lenses or Accessories are included
- 80mm Extension Tube and Flat Port (optional extra)